Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ED 261,
  Today's class went well. I felt like there was a lot to take in but overall went well. Twitter has always concerned me and never truly understood it but I guess it is best I learn since my future students will be juniors and seniors in high school. Twitter will be nice for students to have the option to ask questions that may arise outside of the classroom. I would be concerned that some students may misuse twitter and would be interested in how a teacher should set the "ground rules" for school twitter.

  The blog and reader are also new and I feel really behind the times. I guess practice will ease the gap between technology and I. I think blogs will be a wonderful reflective tool for students and myself to communicate about the curriculum.

Lastly, I look forward to learning numerous ways to integrate different forms of technology into the classroom to help students learn and apply the curriculum. Also, a little unsure on how to go about some of the assignments.

Alyson

- Agree completely with the grade discussion we had in class! Grades are taking over and hurting the long-term success of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment